f3 – the local food consultants, provide strategic planning and practical advice to local government, private food businesses and community enterprises, to develop sustainable local food systems.
We’re a co-operative CIC comprising leading experts with UK and international experience. We are all ‘veterans’ of the local food movement and directly involved in real projects, ranging from managing farmers’ markets and an artisan bakery to running a micro-brewery and market garden.
Established in 1999, we’ve delivered over 300 successful projects.
- Food Plan Toolkit now available to download in full
- Sustainable Business Review tool now ready to use
- Preparing a ‘Who Feeds San Sebastian?’ study
- helping Manchester Veg People to target public sector procurement
- evaluation of Store is the Core village shops support programme and State of the Sector analysis - see report
- See our film about the development and future of the local food sector
- research into peri-urban food as part of the EU’ SupurbFood’ project
See the trailer of our new film ‘Local Food Roots’
- Store is the Core and village shops State of the Sector report
- Article on Foodscapes in Green Infrastructure
- ‘Food from the Urban Fringe‘ – opportunities for peri-urban food enterprises
- ‘Community Food Enterprise and the Private Sector: Exploring the potential of collaboration’
- ‘Trading for Success’ – a guide to finance and marketing for community enterprises