f3 – the local food consultants, provide strategic planning and policy advice to develop sustainable local food systems, and practical advice to private food businesses and community enterprises.
We offer advice on local food to local government and NGOs, producer groups, community enterprises and food businesses, and facilitate collaborative partnerships at a local or regional level.
f3 is a Community Interest Company comprising leading experts with UK and international experience. We are all ‘veterans’ of the local food movement and directly involved in real projects, ranging from managing farmers’ markets and an artisan bakery to running a micro-brewery and market garden.
- a film about the development and future of the local food sector
- developing and piloting a ‘Food Plan Toolkit’
- evaluation of the Local Food Fund programme
- several enterprise support projects such as the Community Farm and Manchester Veg People
- evaluation of the south Wales community food programme ‘Community Foodie’
- research into peri-urban food as part of the EU’ SupurbFood’ project
- ‘Food from the Urban Fringe‘ – opportunities for peri-urban food enterprises
- ‘Community Food Enterprise and the Private Sector: Exploring the potential of collaboration’
- ‘Trading for Success’ – a guide to finance and marketing for community enterprises